Arizona Land and Water Trust
Position Title: Donor Engagement Manager
Our Mission: Arizona Land and Water Trust (Trust) is a nonprofit organization committed to protecting Southern Arizona’s western landscapes, its heritage of working farms and ranches, wildlife habitat and the water resources that sustain them. Since 1978, the Trust protected over 50,000 acres. In 2016, Arizona Land and Water Trust won the Land Trust Excellence award as the top-rated land trust in our national Land Trust Alliance network of over 1,100 members. Join our team!
Position Summary: The Donor Engagement Manager is responsible for assisting with the Trust’s development program. The Manager will: 1) manage the annual giving program, major donor program, foundation program and corporate giving program, 2) provide support for an ongoing capital campaign, 3) organize donor field trips and other Trust events 4) help set, measure and meet the organization’s fundraising goals. The Manager will also serve as staff liaison to the Philanthropy Committee of the Board of Directors. The Manager provides substantial support to the Executive Director, senior staff, and Board of Directors. The Manager may also supervise contractors, interns and volunteers.
- Support ongoing capital campaign including donor research and providing support to the Executive Director and senior staff, campaign chair and Board members
- Manage the annual giving program, including membership recruitment and retention and monthly giving.
- Manage research function of the organization, helping to identify and prioritize prospective donors.
- Manage the foundation giving program, including foundation research, proposal development, reporting and evaluation.
- Expand corporate giving program, including research, proposal development, reporting and evaluation.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with donors and Board of Directors.
- Manage bulk mailings (print and electronic) including appeals, annual reports, invitations to Trust events and other communications.
- Plan, execute and evaluate development events, including house parties, donor field trips and annual event.
- Manage social media (Facebook, Instagram).
- Serve as staff liaison to the Philanthropy Committee of the Board of Directors. Assist the chair in developing agendas, creating and publishing minutes, and compiling and providing data and reports to the Committee and Board as requested.
- Establish and maintain the annual development calendar to track and meet all development task deadlines.
- Supervise contractors, volunteers and interns as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Communications, Marketing or similar experience.
- Two to three years’ experience in nonprofits preferred, fund development work, including annual giving, major donor giving and foundation giving a plus.
- Superior oral, written and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with database management, Neon donor software or equivalent, or willingness to learn.
- Ability to work well with senior executives and leadership volunteers.
Position open until filled.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to:
Arizona Land and Water Trust
2810 N. Alvernon Way, Suite 600
Tucson, AZ 85712
The Donor Engagement Manager position is full-time, exempt, position (40 hours/week).
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Arizona Land and Water Trust is an EEOC employer.